Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Blog assignment for 11/11/15


I'm having some technical difficulties on my end with some stuff, but I wanted to get this out after my blog fail for yesterday.  Your assignment for tomorrow:

Find two reputable sources that you think might be useful for your research paper.  For each, give an MLA style bibliographic entry, then a quick explanation of what it is, how you found it, and why you think it will be useful.  This is a quick and sloppy version of what's called an annotated bibliography.  Here's one of mine:

Summerhayes, Catherine.  The Moving Images of Tracey Moffatt.  Milano:  Charta, 2007.

The dissertation chapter I'm working on includes talking about a movie called beDevil, which is honestly a very strange vignette film of ghost stories in Australia.  Its director, Tracey Moffatt, is the only female Aboriginal director I know of, which is part of why it's important for my project.  This is an actual book that I found in Memorial Library, and it's pretty great; it has a lot of her artwork and frame-by-frame shots of all of her movies up to 2007, talking about how they can be visually interpreted.  The book is going to be very useful to help me analyze the film, as well as background information on Moffatt's biography and career prior to making beDevil.  I'm going to have to be careful, however, to not rely on it entirely; I need to use the other books and articles I found to make sure I'm taking multiple viewpoints into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment